OAK BROOK, Ill., October 23, 2023 – Smart access leader and Blackstone portfolio company, Chamberlain Group, announced today that 10 million people are now using its myQ app to seamlessly and securely access their homes. myQ is making access simple for consumers, boasting a 4.8-star rating and more than one million verified reviews – further solidifying its standing as one of the top 10 lifestyle apps on the leading app stores.
“myQ continues to gain momentum as people seek solutions that will make their daily lives easier and provide an additional layer of security,” said Gregory Martel, Director, Product Management, Residential Services at Chamberlain Group. “Our goal is to make access simple, and we’ll continue to deliver on that promise as we reach the next million users and beyond.”
myQ turns the garage – or the real front door* – into a smart garage by:
- Allowing users to open, close, and control access to the garage door from anywhere.
- Enhancing home security: providing real-time alerts that let users know when the garage door opens and if it was left open, or scheduling when the garage door closes each night.
- Making it easy and secure to share access to your home. With myQ, users can remotely control access for friends, family, or service providers without the need to share keys or pin codes.
“myQ is at the center of our product ecosystem as we integrate technology into everything we do,” said Jeff Meredith, CEO of Chamberlain Group. “This is an exciting milestone for our company as we continue to put the customer experience first by launching new products like our Video Keypad.”
myQ Integrated Products and Solutions Include:
- The myQ Smart Garage Video Keypad uses facial recognition to show you who’s at your garage door, so you can be sure your kids are home from school safely, or the service provider accessing your home is expected.
- myQ makes in-garage delivery possible through Amazon Key and Walmart+ InHome, turning the garage into the preferred delivery location for packages, groceries, and household essentials so they’re kept safe from bad weather and secure from porch pirates.
- Chamberlain Group pioneered vehicle-to-home connectivity with myQ Connected Garage technology, the first vehicle-integrated cloud-based solution for garage door control that doesn’t require new hardware to be installed in the vehicle. myQ Connected Garage provides seamless garage control via the infotainment system or voice assistant in your car. The technology is currently integrated in millions of vehicles from Tesla, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Honda and Mitsubishi.
*7 in 10 homeowners use their garage as the primary way they come and go.
About Chamberlain Group
Chamberlain Group, a Blackstone company, is a global leader in smart access solutions across residential and commercial properties. Our prominent brands LiftMaster®, Chamberlain®, Merlin® and Grifco® are found in millions of residential and commercial access applications across the globe. Our innovative products and partnerships, powered by our myQ® smart technology, provide customers with smart access solutions to move safely through garages, homes, communities, businesses and storage facilities. Chamberlain Group pioneered vehicle-to-home connectivity through patented technology aboard hundreds of millions of vehicles. Chamberlain Group includes Controlled Products Systems Group a leading wholesale distributor of perimeter access control equipment in the U.S., and Systems, LLC, one of North America’s leading dock leveler manufacturers. Follow Chamberlain Group on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.